October 15, 2019
Public Interest and Public Service Employer Fair 2019
Thursday, October 17th
12:30 P.M. - 1:30 P.M.
Join the Career Services Office at the Public Interest and Public Service Employer Fair and meet with public sector attorneys and representatives! Learn more about practice areas and legal services offered in the Greater Los Angeles community and how you can support and gain applicable legal experience through volunteer, scholarship, clinical, fellowship, or employment opportunities.
Below is a sample of employers from the 30+ agencies who will be on campus:
- Alliance for Children's Rights
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services
- Break the Cycle
- CA Dept. of Justice, Office of the Attorney General
- Cancer Legal Resource Center
- Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles
- Community Lawyers Inc
- Disability Rights California
- Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
- Eviction Defense Network
- Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
- Immigration Center for Women and Children
- Inner City Law Center
- Learning Rights Law Center
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Levitt Quinn Family Law Center
- Los Angeles Asylum Office, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc.
- Los Angeles District Attorney's Office
- Mental Health Advocacy Services, Inc.
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Orange County Public Defender
- Public Counsel
- Public Law Center
- Riverside County Counsel
- San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office
- The Riverside District Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Air Force
- Ventura County Public Defender's Office
In addition to securing full-time summer clerkships, academic-year externships, and post-bar/postgraduate clerkships offered by our public sector colleagues, Southwestern students collectively volunteered over 14,000 pro bono hours to the Greater Los Angeles Community in the last year alone through Southwestern’s Public Service Program.
There is a vast range of opportunities working with public interest and public service agencies! Join us on Thursday to find out more.