SCALE J.D. Applicants
Applicants applying to Southwestern's two-year J.D. program, SCALE, must complete an interview as part of the admissions process. The interview helps the Admissions Committee identify candidates who are likely be successful in the program and allows applicants an opportunity to learn more precisely what is expected of SCALE students over the course of the program.
Note: Interview appointments for SCALE applicants are initiated by the law school.
Additional Requirements for Concurrent-Degree J.D./M.B.A. Program Applicants (Includes SCALE J.D./M.B.A.)
To apply for admission to the concurrent-degree programs offered in conjunction with The Drucker School of Management, applicants who are not currently enrolled at either Southwestern or Drucker should fill out the J.D./M.B.A. application provided on the LSAC website and submit the required materials for the J.D./M.B.A. program, which differ slightly from those for the J.D. program.
Applicants to the J.D./M.B.A. program must submit all required materials for the J.D. application, keeping in mind the following modifications and additions to the requirements:
- The personal statement must address why the applicant seeks the concurrent degree.
- A resume is required, not optional.
- Two letters of recommendation are required AND one of the letters must explicitly address the applicant's business experience and suitability for the J.D./M.B.A. program.
Although the following items are not required as part of the initial application submission, applicants should be prepared to provide the following at Drucker's request:
- An official GMAT score
- The GMAT score requirement is waived if the applicant has a valid LSAT score of 155 or above.
- An admissions interview with Drucker
- The Drucker Admissions Office will initiate outreach to qualified applicants to arrange the interview.
Note: Offers of admission from The Drucker School are contingent upon successful completion (3.0 or higher GPA) of the applicant's first year at Southwestern. Concurrent-degree students whose GPAs fall below 3.0 after the first year may be subject to additional application requirements or revocation of their admission offer from The Drucker School.
Priority Deadline for the Concurrent-Degree J.D./M.B.A. Program
The priority deadline for the concurrent-degree J.D./M.B.A. program is February 1st. Students who submit their applications by this date will receive priority consideration for financial aid.