October 12, 2018
Public Interest and Public Service Employer Fair 2018
Thursday, October 18th
12:30 P.M. - 1:30 P.M.
The Public Interest and Public Service Employer Fair is designed for public sector attorneys and representatives to engage with and educate students on practice areas and legal services offered in the Greater Los Angeles community and how Southwestern students can support and gain applicable legal experience through volunteer, scholarship, clinical, fellowship or employment opportunities.
Below is a sample of employers from the 30+ agencies who will be on campus:
- The Alliance for Children's Rights
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services
- Council on American-Islamic Relations – Los Angeles
- Children's Law Center of California
- Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Disability Rights California
- Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
- Immigration Center for Women and Children
- Inner City Law Center
- Kids In Need of Defense (KIND)
- Learning Rights Law Center
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- LevittQuinn Family Law Center
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Los Angeles City Attorney's Office
- Los Angeles County Public Defender's Office
- Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc.
- Los Angeles Waterkeeper
- Mental Health Advocacy Services, Inc.
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Orange County Public Defender's Office
- Public Counsel
- San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Air Force JAG
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services - Asylum Office
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Marine Corps JAG
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Ventura County Public Defender’s Office
- Veterans Legal Institute
In addition to securing full-time summer clerkships, academic-year externships and post-bar/postgraduate clerkships offered by our public sector colleagues, Southwestern students collectively volunteered over 17,000 pro bono hours to the Greater Los Angeles Community in the last year alone through Southwestern’s Public Service Program. With the range of opportunities that are possible working with public interest and public service agencies, we hope you will join us at Southwestern’s Public Interest and Public Service Employer Fair.