This seminar explores concrete legal problems of particular and current concern to women.
Among the areas potentially covered by the seminar paper and weekly readings are:
- women in the legal profession; women in the workplace;
- women athletes and women as students;
- work/family conflicts; domestic violence, rape, and other violence against women;
- sexual discrimination and harassment;
- divorce and child custody;
- abortion and other regulation of biological reproduction;
- rights of minors as a matter of gender, prostitution and pornography, prosecution of women who commit crimes, especially women who kill domestic partners or who abuse or neglect their children;
- prosecution of women who abuse drugs or alcohol while pregnant;
- treatment of women in the military, treatment of women in international law; and,
- treatment of women as women, versus women as lesbians or women as part of a particular racial, cultural, or religious grouping.