Southwestern Law School is seeking a detail-oriented, dependable individual who is a self-starter. The Maintenance Worker will work under the supervision of Southwestern’s Facilities Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all service requests and repairs are completed thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area
- Assist with monitoring inventory of equipment, tools, parts, and supplies at appropriate levels
- Comply with all Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assist with maintaining preventative maintenance schedule
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, vendors, and supervisors
- Work with Facilities Director to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program
- Work with Facilities Director to adhere to budget guidelines
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other campus features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Ensure adherence to the school’s safety and hazard programs, policies, and procedures
- Work with maintenance team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address complaints and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Contribute to the general upkeep and cleaning of campus interior and exterior locations
- Perform other maintenance/repair work as directed by Facilities Director
- Adhere to company dress code
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. The position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, and required safety equipment.
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves and others.
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwork (work boots).
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and assist with repair of the following:
- Major appliances
- Basic-Intermediate plumbing
- Basic-Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
Requires frequent lifting and moving of up to 55 pounds when using machinery and equipment for essential maintenance tasks. Requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks. Also requires frequent use of ladders and stepladders to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.