Southwestern Law School offers seasonal employment for responsible and detail-oriented individuals to serve as examination proctors for the law school examinations. Proctors are responsible for the professional administration of exams and for providing an environment conducive to testing. Proctors play a key role in the success of the exam by helping to ensure that exam administration follows established policies and procedures.
- Starting pay: $17/hr.
- Temporary/seasonal assignment
Condition of employment:
Employment with Southwestern requires compliance with the current vaccination policy and a successful background check before starting work.
Proctor responsibilities and duties:
- Basic rules of vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, and arithmetic
- Basic features of computer equipment and applications
- Complete any necessary training prior to assignment
- Exercise judgment and discretion
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Give clear and concise instructions
- Interact with students in a professional and courteous manner while enforcing examination rules and procedures
- Keep examination materials confidential
- Be flexible when assignment changes
- Move quickly and quietly around assigned section with ease
- Carry boxes of materials that may weigh up to 30 pounds
- Stay awake and alert during long periods of silence
- Stand or walk for up to 75 percent of the time
Examples of duties and responsibilities may include:
- Conducting a thorough inspection of admittance documentation to ensure that only authorized persons are admitted
- Conducting a thorough inspection to ensure that prohibited items are not allowed into the exam room
- Directing examinees to assigned testing location
- Assisting in the administration of examinations
- Distributing, collecting, and accounting for exam materials
- Completing various forms pertinent to the examination process
- Observing examinees during the examination in person or by reviewing exam videos of applicants who have taken the exam online
- Completing incident reports at the test center and submit to State Bar staff each day or after review of examination videos
For full consideration, interested individuals should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter connecting their experience to the job responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.