Southwestern Law School is looking for enthusiastic, forward-thinking entry-level, or experienced candidates to join our team of reference librarians. Reference librarians are the engine that drives Southwestern Law School’s Leigh H. Taylor Law Library forward.
Our team of reference librarians:
- Teaches, including in our first-year legal analysis, writing, and skills course, advanced legal research classes, and guest lectures.
- Provides research assistance, in person and virtually, to students, faculty, alumni, and staff.
- Creates asynchronous learning opportunities, including LibGuides and online tutorials.
- Participates in collection development, helping to build a useful and balanced collection.
- Collaborates with community members on a wide array of projects and committees in the library and works with various departments around the school.
- Engages with the legal research community via membership in professional organizations.
Our library leadership also works with our reference librarians to provide growth and professional development opportunities targeted to each librarian’s specific interests. We want our team members to feel supported and valued for their contributions to our library, school, and the profession as a whole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Entry-level or experienced candidates with the following:
- A strong customer-service orientation.
- A dedicated commitment to creating an inclusive learning environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in person, with diverse groups of people.
- A forward-looking, innovation-focused mindset.
- Flexibility, resilience, and enjoys problem-solving in a fluid and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend shifts.
All candidates must have a JD (or its equivalent) before applying and an MLS (or its equivalent) or plans to earn the degree. Candidates without a current MLS (or equivalent) must have prior law library reference and teaching experience before applying.
$70,000 – $75,000
How to Apply
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and resume by Tuesday, February 28, 2023, to email@example.com.