This course explores some of the major legal issues that arise in the development, production, distribution and other exploitation of entertainment product (primarily film and television) in the international marketplace and otherwise in connection with entertainment personalities.
Major topics include:
- rights of privacy and publicity;
- reputational interests;
- motion picture development, production, distribution and financing;
- profit participations and entertainment accounting;
- taxation of foreign entertainers and athletes;
- immigration issues for entertainers and athletes;
- international talent guild jurisdiction;
- conflicts of law; and,
- trade barriers to the distribution of entertainment content.