Southwestern Law School offers an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in a career in higher education. The law school seeks an experienced and committed individual to support, sustain, and enhance diversity and inclusion initiatives in the Dean of Students and Diversity Affairs Office.
The Dean of Students and Diversity Affairs Office is responsible for academic and personal counseling to students, including course selection and scheduling, progress to graduation checks, exam emergencies, and academic challenges. The office coordinates disability services for students as well as a variety of activities to enhance academic advisement and student life on campus. The office also oversees programs and events that encourage diversity and inclusion on campus, as well as diversity recruitment initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a versatile self-starter capable of working independently and collaboratively with a dedicated team of professionals. This position will report to the Dean of Students and Diversity Affairs. The Assistant Director of Diversity Affairs will perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Developing retention programs for students of historically underrepresented groups;
- Coordinating and participating in events that promote diversity and inclusion on campus;
- Participating in recruitment initiatives of diverse law school applicants;
- Creating diversity pipeline programs with high schools, community colleges, and universities;
- Coordinating the intake of grievances related to the Discrimination and Harassment Policy;
- Working with law school committees to address issues related to equity and social justice, the reduction of implicit bias, micro-aggressions, and discrimination;
- Collaborating with the Student Affairs Office to ensure administrative oversight, programming, and appropriate financial support to student affinity groups;
- Informing the Dean of Students and others of special student issues, emergencies and needs;
- Verifying students’ academic status and preparing lists and reports from campus mainframe computer;
- Demonstrating multicultural awareness and competency; and
- Other projects as assigned.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a pleasant, collegial work environment in an academic setting and a competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.