Lead Examination Proctor
Southwestern Law School’s Registrar’s Office is responsible for conducting the registration process; planning and coordinating final examinations; maintaining student records, including grades, academic standings, and awards; as well as preparing transcripts and bar certifications.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Lead Examination Proctor must collaborate with the Exam Coordinator to schedule and oversee proctors for all Examination administrations. As the point of contact for all Examination-proctor related inquiries, the Lead Examination Proctor must be present for all Examinations. This is a seasonal position and will be scheduled during the law school examination periods.
- Coordinates Examination details under the guidance of the Examination Coordinator.
- Assists with the coordination of periodic Proctor Orientation Sessions and training, and with the preparation of proctor training materials.
- Prepares testing materials for Examination proctors.
- Disseminates ADA examination accommodations to the accommodated Examination proctors.
- Supervises the proctors and provides them with their daily assignments.
- Coordinates Examination reconciliation.
- Accurately explains Examination policies; appropriately forward requests for exceptions to supervisor.
- Oversees the administration of the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE).
- Interacts in a pleasant and efficient manner with faculty, students, and staff in person, on the phone, and via e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of two to three years of experience working in an academic environment, preferably in a registrar's office. Must be available for duty during all major Examination cycles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word; basic knowledge of MS Excel, HTML, internet browsers, and email usage.
- The capacity to effectively use computerized Examination software.
- Ability to quickly learn and clearly communicate detailed information.
- Ability to manage tight timelines and appropriately rank the importance of multiple tasks.
- Ability to remain composed while responding to simultaneous requests for attention.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized; excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and listening skills.
- Excellent ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to follow all law school policies, procedures, and guidelines, including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
$23.00 - $25.00 per Hour
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.