The Admissions Office seeks to hire one full-time, temporary, Graduate Admissions Recruiter/Assistant.
The Graduate Admissions Recruiter/Assistant will work with the JD Admissions Office to recruit a dynamic class of law students. During the fall semester, the Graduate Admissions Recruiter/Assistant will effectively and enthusiastically convey information to prospective applicants at on-and-off-campus recruiting events. They will be knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions that relate to the Law School’s academic programs, concentrations, admission requirements, student life, and career services. In addition, they will be responsible for traveling to a variety of college campuses, and at times participate on panels or given information sessions. They will also send out follow up written correspondence with those that they have interacted with at the various events. The Graduate Admissions Recruiter/Assistant will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements and documenting all expenses. Additionally, the Graduate Admissions Recruiter/Assistant will assist in other administrative duties as assigned, such as conducting campus tours and office support.
- Southwestern Law School graduate, preferably a graduate from the May 2019 class, but other class years will be considered if the qualifications are strong
- Extensive involvement in extracurricular or co-curricular activities
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate the distinctive strengths and benefits of a Southwestern legal education to multiple audiences – prospective students of different backgrounds, prelaw advisers, faculty members at undergraduate colleges and city-wide law fairs
- Ability and interest in traveling outside of the state
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and student-centered
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage one’s time
- Valid Driver License and ability to rent a vehicle.
To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest to Lisa Gear at email@example.com